Advertiser: AECOM Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Work Type
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
Business Link Pacific
- Exciting Opportunity supporting NZMFAT Aid Programme
- Based in Auckland
- Full-time position, up to 3 years duration
Business Link Pacific (BLP), a New Zealand government Aid Programme, managed by AECOM, is looking to recruit a full-time Operations Coordinator to play a key role in the Activity performance and to ensure consistent quality performance.
The private sector is the engine room of economic growth in the Pacific. Most private sector businesses in the region are small or medium enterprises. There is a strong need for business advisory services, technical assistance, training and mentoring to enable small businesses to move to the next level and grow. The business advisory services that small businesses need include financial planning, accounting, business and strategic planning, human resource management, and product development and marketing.
The local market for business advisory services in Pacific Island Countries (PICs) is underdeveloped and SMEs often lack the knowledge or financial means to access services to help their business grow. At the same time, existing business advisory service providers either don’t offer services that are of the quality needed, are not affordable to small businesses or tend to focus on catering for the needs of large or foreign owned businesses.
Business Link Pacific (BLP) is addressing this market gap by developing the market for commercial business support services in PICs targeted to the SME sector.
BLP is looking to recruit a full-time Operations Coordinator to set up and maintain the Programme Customer Relationship and Project Management systems, including tracking progress of subsidy projects, BASP support packages and the delivery of other sub-contracted services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in business or a degree relevant to the international development industry.
- High level communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent project and financial management skills.
- Good knowledge of data management systems.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Previous experience in performing a similar role on multi-disciplinary donor programs, ideally in the Asia Pacific region.
- Managing stakeholder relationships with donor agencies and/or private sector clients.
- Contract and project management.
- Existing work rights in New Zealand.
For Further information and to express interest click on the "apply for this job" button.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Midnight Sunday 27 January 2019 – Auckland time
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
We encourage women and men and people living with disabilities to apply.
Managed by AECOM and funded by the New Zealand Government.