Graduate/Intermediate Urban Designer
Advertiser: MRCagney Pty LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Urban Design & Planning
MRCagney is a leading independent transport, urban design and planning consultancy, specialising in land use and transport integration. We have offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Auckland.
From our inception, MRCagney has been a leader in sustainable transport. Our company ethos is "better transport, better places, better choices". We aim to create and support well connected, vibrant and liveable places, giving people better, more sustainable travel choices. We apply this passion and our 'people-first' approach to the places, towns, cities and countries in which we work.
Our work is about people, not numbers, and we specialise in providing pragmatic, real-world advice that our clients can follow with confidence. Our services range from strategic management and business consulting through to technical transport, planning, urban design, and engineering.
About this role
We are seeking an enthusiastic graduate or intermediate urban designer/planner to join our team in Auckland. Based in our O'Connell Street office, you will assist on some of the most exciting and influential projects happening in New Zealand.
As a graduate or intermediate member of our consultant team, you will contribute to all aspects of our business. Your responsibilities will include: technical and graphic project support, research, bid preparation and assistance with project management.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your skills and experience. As an independent, staff-owned company, our workplace culture supports flexible working arrangements (including part-time roles) and the open sharing of ideas on how to continually improve the services we offer.
You'll be great here if:
- You are passionate cities, urban design and non-motorised transportation.
- You have interest in cycleway design, transit oriented development, and street design.
- You enjoy collaborating across disciplines to achieve the best design outcomes.
- You want to play a part in the urban renaissance that is happening across New Zealand and Australian cities.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in urban design, landscape architecture, urban planning, or a related design field
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in 3D design using SketchUp, V-Ray or similar
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and ArcGIS is a plus
We'll offer you:
The opportunity to influence how we design and develop the public realm, and transportation networks in cities across the Australia and New Zealand. Work with a talented, passionate team that is genuinely trying to make a positive difference. No matter what your background, we offer opportunities and flexibility that few of our competitors can match.
- The potential to develop as an urban designer and advance in a company that prefers to promote from within
- The opportunity to collaborate with people working in other specialty areas: transport planning, public transit design, and economics
- Competitive salary
- A workplace that practices what it preaches
You'll be part of our urban design team, integrating our transportation projects into the fabric of the community and making the travel experience better for all users. This includes:
- Cycleway network planning
- Cycleway design and design guidelines
- Transport/land use integration
- Transit oriented development and neighbourhood design
We want to know all about you, so a cover letter is essential: tell us about your experiences, your passions, your goals and what it is you will bring to our team. Also, send your latest CV and a sample of your graphic work to us here at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of January 2019.