Director of Sport
Advertiser: St John's CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Join a thriving boy's school to promote and develop our sports programme, identify sporting talent and ensure that our sporting codes are managed and run in line with school policies.
Sport is an important dimension of the St John’s College culture, with high participation rates and a strong desire to be competitive both regionally and nationally. We have a growing roll (800 students in 2019) serving young men in Years 9 to 13, and we’re built on the Marist tradition which emphasises family spirit, promoting an environment where students are well looked after.
We are looking for someone who can implement our vision for sport, model our values and who is passionate about preparing young men for life. The Sports Director role is varied and our ideal candidate will be someone who:
- is passionate about the delivery of sport
- can identify sporting potential in young men
- has excellent networking skills and has existing connections with sporting organisations
- has the ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- can 'walk the talk' and be a great role model with an active and energetic approach to life
- understands sporting administration and the secondary school landscape
- is flexible and able to work evenings and weekends where required
Hours of work will be 40 per week with some of these hours worked in the evening and weekends. For a copy of the position description please contact the Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be made on the Seek website, listing referees please.
Ideally, we want to appoint someone to begin the school year so we will be considering applications from 14 January and may make an appointment from that time forward. The position will remain open to receive applications up to 12 noon Friday 25th January, or up until an appointment is made.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in fitness?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?