Medical Typist and Admin Support
Advertiser: Auckland Eye LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
We are looking for a Medical Typist & Admin Support person to join our team.
About the role:
This is a fast paced role in a complex medical environment. You’ll be supporting 14 Doctors in this interesting and varied role. This role is full time, 40 hours per week. The privacy of our patients is a top priority so professionalism, being proactive and accuracy in transcription is a must.
The key focus of the role is:
- Accurately type and finalise medical typing within the required time frame and guideline targets,
- Follow correct processes, templates and guidelines,
- Understand and comply with Doctor preferences,
- Understand and comply with the Privacy Act,
- Manage e-referral mailbox daily,
- Accurate filing and retrieval of patient information,
- Processing couriers,
- Additional administrative tasks as required.
You will have a background in medical typing and providing effective administrative support. Your core skills will be efficiency, accuracy and the ability to be adaptable in this busy medical environment. We are always looking for ways to improve, so bring us all your talent for organising, communicating and process improvement.
Ideally, you will have worked in a medical environment, but we will consider talented people outside our industry as well. Let us know if you’ve got experience with Dragon.
About Auckland Eye Group:
We are a dedicated private Ophthalmology practice, with 14 specialists. Our primary clinic and day stay surgical facility is located in Remuera. We also have two additional sites in New Lynn and Takapuna. Have a look at our website to find out about our clinical services, you’ll see we offer a variety of ophthalmology services across Auckland.
Our values are:
- Integrity – Everything we do is done with the highest standards of professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness. We place the highest emphasis on ethical standards of conduct.
- Respect – All individuals, groups and organisations we interact with are treated with understanding and courtesy, and in a manner that demonstrates recognition for their concerns. This value applies to both internal and external relationships. Respect includes empathy for the personal, social and cultural needs of all patients and patient groups. Auckland Eye and Oasis Surgical will be a people-centred organisation.
- Collaboration – Our organisation values collaboration, both internally and externally. We promote open communication as a critical means of achieving collaboration.
If this sounds like you, apply now. Don't miss out on being part of a great team and culture in a successful and ethical business where you can truly influence the lives of others for the better.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience using speech recognition and transcription software?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?