Advertiser: IMO Group LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Other
We are designers and manufacturers of world class commercial and residential furniture. We're a company of smart, curious and ambitious people and we're passionate about what we do. Every day is different. We love big challenges. We like to roll up our sleeves, do what we say and follow through.
We work alongside New Zealand's top manufacturers to make our parts which come together for assembly and distribution from our warehouse (office and showroom) located in Parnell, Auckland. We are on the hunt for a Mechanical Draughtsperson to create the drawings required to manufacture the products our customers want and love. Our design process is about constantly refining, improving and iterating to create products that are simple, durable and beautiful. It's about where joy meets practicality – we call it Happy Modernism.
We are seeking someone with at least 3 years' experience using SolidWorks in a similar role. Varied and fast paced, you will thrive in a job where you can focus on core tasks but will also jump at the opportunity to help the team out when problems occur. You enjoy problem solving, are resilient and flexible and enjoy operating in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
The core focus of the role is to build and / or maintain scalable models of IMO product comprising the creation of all deliverables required by down stream operations including manufacture, assembly and delivery
- Be practical and have a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Be able to quickly and accurately interpret information received both verbally and in writing
- Create models and drawings quickly and confidently applying best practice and upholding company standards
- Be confident, self-motivated and self-managing and not afraid to speak up when it counts
- Work with a high level of accuracy and have a keen eye for detail
- Collaborate well with others and work effectively within a team
- Be disciplined, well organised and work systematically and efficiently
- Have the ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- Have the ability to prioritise and to effectively manage your time
- Be dependable and a commitment to always complete things
Your Skills and Experience will include:
- Intermediate to advanced parametric CAD (Solidworks or similar) capability including;
- Drawing of product for manufacture including: machining, cutting, folding, fabrication, casting, extrusion, wood work and upholstery.
- Modelling of parts and assemblies using concepts such as skeleton/layout models and family tables to manage scalability and extensibility of product ranges.
- Confident building equations in Microsoft Excel to drive part and assembly configurations
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- A dynamic and collaborative team environment
- A creative and spacious workplace
- People who are passionate about their product, service and customers
- On-site parking for bikes and close to transport links
- Flexible working hours if you would like to start earlier or later in the day
If you are willing to go the extra mile to help us develop world class products please apply online here and include your CV. If your skills and experience are in line with our requirements you will be contacted for further information. We look forward to hearing from you.
A full Job Description of the role can be found at www.imo.co.nz
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?