Advertiser: CAA/AvsecMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
Manager Innovation Advert
- Drive Innovation and help shape the Future of the Aviation Security Service
- Senior Role
- Wellington based with frequent travel, incl. international
We have a rare opportunity for a Manager Innovation to join our Strategic Development Group to help develop the future strategic direction of the Aviation Security Service. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders you will input directly into Avsec strategic capability development and take ownership and drive the development of the organisations capability delivery plans.
Working collaboratively you will apply your excellent communication skills to actively manage strategic relationships, both internally and externally, to engage people in innovative and new ways of doing things. In this role there is a strong focus on rigorous analysis to develop compelling arguments, stakeholder management, system capability development and identification of opportunities to promote and actively translate innovative ideas into practical operational outcomes.
Reporting to the Group Manager Strategic Development, your key responsibilities are;
- Develop and manage the SD Group relationship-engagement and information strategy and plans in consultation with Group Manager Strategic Development.
- Own and take responsibility for development and instigating of Avsec future capability plans
- Undertake engagement with external stakeholders, in both public and private sector, including: regulatory bodies, ministries,airports, airlines and association bodies (both national and international) and cross agency working groups
- Lead engagement with internal stakeholders regarding Avsec future strategic development.
- Undertake research and analysis of future and emerging thinking affecting Avsec operations and capabilities.
- Undertake rigorous analysis (including cost benefit) in developing compelling arguments for consideration regarding Avsec future development and direction.
- Drive timely engagement on Avsec strategic capability development.
- Disseminate information and thinking (internally to Avsec and externally with key stakeholders) to develop understanding and gain support for Avsec future plans.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified candidate who has demonstrated the ability to clearly articulate and drive innovation in a complex and multifaceted environment. The appointment also requires someone who has good business acumen and a strong strategic mindset, who understands return on investment, engagement principles and capability delivery plans.
For more information about this position, please view the attached position description.
There’s a good chance we've already met if you travel by air. The Aviation Security Service (Avsec) is the Government provider of aviation security in New Zealand, operating at our five major airports: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin.
Aviation security in New Zealand and around the world is changing rapidly. The number of passengers and bags we screen every year is rising, and at the same time global security threats are changing and becoming more dynamic. Our team is growing and the way we do our job is dramatically evolving. Our Aviation Security Officers are supported by a range of other team members – from Intelligence Analysts to IT and HR professionals, and business leaders. Ultimately our goal is to ensure the flying public are safe.
Joining the Aviation Security Service as Manager Innovation is an exciting opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference to the aviation security services in New Zealand.
- Tertiary qualifications, with an innovative or systems thinking basis/or relevant experience in a similar role
- The ability to help translate strategic and innovative thinking into practical operational outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in strategic capability development and capability delivery plans, innovation management, strategy planning or similar in a complex environment
- Excellent problem solving, organisation and analytical skills
- Strong commitment to innovation and performance improvement
- Outstanding communication and engagement skills with people at all levels
“The Authority embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive and respectful workplace where everyone is valued for their unique contribution”
Applications Close: 3-February-2019
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/48180/desc/