GROUNDS & HOUSE-KEEPING COUPLE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Advertiser: Equine Estate LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rest of Bay of Plenty
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Other
Due to retirement a rare opportunity has arisen for a working couple to live-in on Equine Estate in the Bay of Plenty.
This varied role would suit a couple in their later years but still with plenty of get-up-and-go to enjoy a mostly outdoors lifestyle with busy, varied roles.
You will often be required to work together, however both of you will have your own responsibilities:
- General Estate Duties - fence & track maintenance, water systems etc., vehicle maintenance
- Grounds Keeping such as mowing of lawns and parkland, spraying etc.
- Tree work – competent use of saws for management of native/ornamental plantations
- Stocking all properties with firewood
- Assisting with gardens as required
- Housekeeping on owner’s property
- Basic housekeeping on other small properties
- Responsibility for several gardens
- Assistance with catering & service when entertaining guests on property
- General assistant to estate manager
As a couple, you will ideally have these attributes:
- Good awareness of safe working practices
- Self-motivated and ability to work alone and in a team
- Well-rounded experience of life on a rural property; the ability to problem solve, tackle any job that arises and get along with other staff
- Some experience in the hospitality sector would be beneficial but not essential
- Competent and safe use of chainsaws, spray equipment, ATV’s, tractors and machinery; training will be provided where necessary
- Largely Monday to Friday 40-hour week, some weekend work during shooting season (May – Aug)
- Attention to detail and naturally tidy!
You will both be required to live on the property, a large three-bedroom quality home is provided.
An additional part-time position is also available for general estate work, no accommodation available. Terms flexible, please contact us through this advertisement if interested.
ABOUT EQUINE ESTATE
Situated just off the coast in Bay of Plenty, Equine Estate is a 350 Ha privately-owned property roughly 50 minutes from both Rotorua and Tauranga. The main activity is gamebird and clay target shooting amongst carefully managed grounds which includes large blocks of native bush and exotic stands.
Equine Estate is also a working farm; however, the grazing is leased out. We do maintain fencing and water systems.
The property has extensive parkland and landscaped areas, fringed with ornamentals and exotics. Grounds are mowed as needed with a large zero-turn mower, and small lawns with a conventional ride-on.
The estate has a culture of tidiness and teamwork, and new staff will be expected to follow these principles. All necessary equipment is provided and maintained to a high standard.
The predominant activity throughout winter is organised pheasant hunting, hosting over twenty days from May to late August. A full-time gamekeeper is employed to organise this, however for those interested there are opportunities to become involved. The housekeeper will be required to assist with catering and service on these days, which include every Saturday during the hunting season.
Equine is an easy drive from Rotorua and the lakes for Trout fishing. A new express-way connects Tauranga and Mount Maunganui for great beaches and Whakatane is less than 1hr drive for sea fishing.
Please apply with covering letter, stating your experience and why this role may interest you. C.V. and references appreciated if available.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?