Games Master/Event Assistant
Advertiser: Escape Mate LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $20 - $22 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
Games Master / Event assistant
Escape Mate is looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Game Master/ Office Manager.
This is a super fun, dynamic environment, that also offers good pay, and flexibility.
Casual/Part-time/Full time positions available.
- You choose your own working days.
- You get to meet a lot of people: Deal with a wide range of clients, including government and leading companies, families, kids, etc
- Be part of an awesome team: Friendly and fun workmates
- Fair and ethical business
- Fun job where time flies
Your job will be:
We are looking for a well presented, fun and enthusiastic person to represent our company, who is capable of providing an outstanding service at all times and also has a keen eye on detail. You will be responding to enquires in email/phone or in person, making bookings and taking payments, ushering clients and running games.
Your tasks will include admin and greeting customers, briefing teams before their games, monitoring the games, helping players during their missions, resetting the rooms after each game. Take photos and payments after their experience.
- introduce our services and take bookings over the phone/email/in person
- handle booking software
- register payments - cash, eftpos, online
- take care of clients onsite - briefing, ushering, game monitoring and resetting
- basic tidying and cleaning
- help the rest of the team where needed
The perfect match:
The game master must be an energetic, enthusiastic, social, well-presented person, with a kind, happy and professional attitude and a pro-active, friendly approach, someone who is also enthusiastic about puzzles and games.
Has to be experienced in working with a team, but has to be able to work unsupervised.
Needs to learn using our software, two rooms worth of game structures and puzzles, so we need a logical thinker, a real good problem solver that is great at memorizing numbers, scripts and patterns with a keen eye on detail.
- A solid customer service and admin background is a must (hospo /events/ tourism), you need to interact with a wide range of clients, including government, corporate clients, kids and celebrities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active, problem-solving, can-do attitude
- Fast learner and creative problem solver
- Reliable and professional
- Attention to detail, precise and quick at resetting games, admin tasks
- Work in a dynamic environment, under pressure on a tight schedule
- Must be available to work weekends
- Any other superpowers of yours will be considered and appreciated
- Must be available for at least a year
- Must be able to work long hours
Escape Mate is the only escape game provider in Wellington, we have been running for over 4 years. We have stunning reviews online, this is the third year that we received the Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor. We are very keen to provide outstanding service and one of a kind game experiences. This is only possible with a reliable, committed, happy team, so management makes sure that our colleagues are treated fairly.
Please forward your cover letter, CV and a current photo via Seek or email@example.com
Please, in your cover letter describe why would you like to work with us, and list your skills that could be beneficial for Escape Mate.
Also describe a situation where you saved the day with your wits, and logical thinking.
INTERVIEWS START ON THE 14TH JAN.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Escape Mate Team
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- What's your highest level of education?
- If you hold a working holiday visa, how many months of your visa are remaining?