Systems Support & Maintenance Engineer
Advertiser: Manux Solutions LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $75,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
We are a privately-owned company that provides client-focused Managed IT Services. We are the trusted adviser and provider of innovative solutions that help our customer succeed.
We are a nimble and flexible company, are seen by our customers as their IT company and an important part of their business success.
In the last few years, we have continued to experience significant growth and we need an excellent Systems Maintenance & Support Engineer to help us continue along our growth path. We are looking for the right person and will not accept second best!
Your primary purpose as the Systems Maintenance and Support Engineer role is to define, manage and implement processes that support server-based solutions for our customers. This encompasses the monitoring, maintenance, and management of installed enterprise-level infrastructure for our customers around New Zealand. You will be primarily responsible for maintenance and support of physical and virtual Windows servers including Exchange, SQL, RDS and AX servers. The dominant virtual systems in use is Hyper-V, with some VMWare environments. It also includes supporting HPE Synergy, Blade and SAN environments. As part of fulfilling this role, you will also be primarily responsible for the upgrade and maintenance of applications used by our customers on a day to day basis.
While our head office is in Christchurch we have an office in Auckland, so we are flexible about where you base yourself. As the core responsibility of the role is to provide the maintenance support of customer systems, this work will necessarily be undertaken outside of normal business hours and on some weekend days. The successful applicant must be able to work these later hours, though the opportunity exists to work from home where appropriate.
Ideally, you will:
- Have experience in the maintenance of enterprise level server infrastructure – both physical and virtual, including troubleshooting issues that arise during the process.
- Be an person who can manage multiple tasks in a systematic way
- Have experience in system management tools and applications to streamline work processes
- Have excellent trouble shooting skills
- Have excellent client facing and interpersonal skills, a strong client service focus and the ability to discuss issues and possible solutions in plain English, avoiding the use of acronyms and technobabble
- Be able to work autonomously where required, but also can work well as part of a busy team
- Be patient, empathic and have active listening skills
- Be diligent, can pay attention to detail and committed to quality results in your work
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a proactive and flexible approach to work
We are looking for you to have proven skills, and ideally the appropriate academic or professional qualifications with:
- Networking fundamentals and experience with networking equipment and management tools
- Windows server environment, including the monitoring of environments
- AD, Exchange, SharePoint, Hyper-V O365
- Backup, recovery and replication suites, including Veeam and ShadowProtect
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong drive to meet the needs of a customer and to help their business succeed,
- Is systematic and organised in the way they manage their workload
- Possesses up-to-date industry knowledge and skills that will enable them to do their job effectively
- Is confident and proactive
- Can work as part of a team while still being self-driven and able to work independently to achieve task goals
- Has a good sense of humour and can work in an environment that can, at times, be quite pressured.
Send us an email telling us about yourself and your career aspirations. Don’t forget to attach a current CV and a cover letter. Any questions, please email Stephen at email@example.com, placing “SMSE Role” in the subject line.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 3 technical support?