3D Generalist Maya
Advertiser: Orly ProductionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Dec 2018
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
3D Generalist - Christchurch, NZ.
Orly is an award-winning production company, working for many of Australasia's most trusted companies and brands. With an enviable track record, we produce high-quality television commercials, marketing, and promotional video, 2D and 3D animation, visualization and interactive media, for a diverse range of clients across New Zealand, Australia and the USA.
With the perfect blend of creative strategy, innovation, and full-on production power, a new kind of creative agency. We’re a team of creatives with cutting edge technology. We’re professional, down to earth and extremely good at what we do.
This opportunity doesn't come around very often and is available for a talented and experienced Maya generalist to join our production team commencing early 2019. This is a sole generalist position, working within our small team. You'll use your generalist skills to produce 3D/2D animations to be used in television commercials, video productions, and interactive projects.
This position suits a person not wanting to be just another number in a larger organization, a person looking for something more. A lifestyle orientated role, within a smaller team of passionate production crew, working on all aspects of media production.
You'll collaborate with our director and crew to develop conceptual ideas and storyboards, commencing the design and full animation process including special effects, complex motion graphics, compositing, quality control analysis and final completion.
Experience & Responsibilities:
- Formal education and at least 4 years experience as an animation generalist working in a production environment.
- A high level of proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Redshift, After Effects and Photoshop.
- A good attitude and good organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to engage multiple projects at the same time.
- Comprehensive experience of 3D and 2D animation including creative development, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting, motion graphics, tracking and compositing, quality control checking and correction.
- Experience in all aspects of 3D character animation.
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback. Show respect for studio procedures, client requirements, and the production pipeline.
- A solid sense of movement and timing as pertaining to animation.
- Neat and methodical, good team-working skills. with the drive and proven ability to always to deliver on schedule.
- English is a must to interface directly with clients, and all work will be developed in this language
Culture & Benefits:
- A small, professional, passionate and collaborative team environment. Generally team members work with us for many years.
- We work hard and feel good about delivering on our promises to clients.
- Modern, new, purpose-built studio facilities, with a spacious animation suite in a central city location, within easy walking distance to cafes, gyms, shops, parks, bars, and restaurants.
- Companywide 3+ weeks Christmas holiday break.
- Live in a vibrant new, clean green City, with a myriad of amazing recreational and sporting opportunities at your doorstep.
- Competitive remuneration with the possibility of share purchase in the long-term for the right person.
How to apply:
Please confirm your academic qualifications and provide a comprehensive cover letter and a full CV with at least two previous full-time employer testimonials including contact details and phone numbers.
You'll also need to provide a comprehensive showreel including a number of projects highlighting your abilities across all aspects of your skill set, along with a written brief detailing your personal involvement on each scene and/or project.
Inquiries from New Zealand and Australian Residents are welcome. Applicants from other countries must confirm their legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Also, only applicants who confirm their availability for an interview in Christchurch will be considered. We welcome your application addressed to Ross Beck, Orly Productions and emailed to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?