Senior AccountantsPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jan 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rotorua
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Mā te huruhuru, ka rere te manu.
With feathers a bird can fly. With good advice, you can prosper.
Due to our continued growth, we invite applications from Senior Accountants to join our friendly and supportive team at GHA.
GHA is a mid-sized Māori chartered accountancy and management consulting firm operating out of Rotorua and Tauranga, and servicing clients within the North Island. We provide a full range of accounting, secretarial, management consulting, investment and share register services for our clients.
Our clients include Māori trusts, incorporations, Treaty settlement entities, small and medium enterprises and non-government organisations.
We are looking for experienced professionals who share our values and are committed to helping our clients succeed.
Successful applicants for these roles will:
- Thrive on building trusted relationships with our clients, our team and other stakeholders;
- Be prepared to learn new skills and systems;
- Have good NZ tax knowledge;
- Display excellent communication and time management skills, and attention to detail;
- Have ability to work under pressure;
- Have 3+ years' experience in accounting/finance environment; and
- Share our passion and commitment to Māori development.
In this role you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients. The tasks will be varied and will include:
- Preparing annual financial statements;
- Tax compliance;
- Monthly management accounts;
- Budgets and forecasts;
- Developing and implementing improved systems with our clients;
- Training junior and intermediate staff.
- We also undertake a range of interesting value-added services. A role with us will include working on these engagements.
An accounting qualification (either CA, ACA or AT) is preferred but not essential.
GHA offers competitive remuneration, professional development support, modern work environments and flexi-time.
GHA is an Approved Training Employer and will support your steps to becoming an AT, ACA or CA.
A Job Description can be downloaded at http://gha.co.nz/2018/12/positions-available-rotorua-tauranga-offices/
Please email any questions you may have to email@example.com
This original advertisement has been extended. Please apply online via Seek, no later than Tuesday 12 February 2019.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years of taxation experience do you have?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?