Pastoral Care Coordinator - eveningsPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
ICL Education Group is seeking a Pastoral Care Coordinator for our English language programmes and our graduate-level business programs for mainly international students.
In this role you will work with the student support team in managing the pastoral care of ICL students. This role primarily supports students who study in the evenings and weekends. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 1pm to 9.30pm and Saturday or Sunday 8.30am to 5pm.
During this time you will:
- be responsible for providing pastoral care to both international and domestic students during the evenings and weekends
- work closely with staff and students to manage students at risk
- contribute to the overall Student Support Pastoral Care services
- contribute to the day-to-day running of the day-to-day homestay program and the care of Under 18 students
- respond to any student emergencies and be on a roster for the 24/7 emergency phone along with other student support members
- contribute to the orientation programmes for new students (especially evening students)
- contribute to implementing and improving policies and procedures relating to student support
- remain up to date with The Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice and ensure all student support activities meet Code requirements
- provide support for group students (Tahiti, Saudi, Chinese, Japanese) in March, July and August including the planning of activities.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- have a relevant tertiary qualification
- have experience with working with students, staff and external stakeholders in the pastoral care of international students
- have experience working in the tertiary education sector in New Zealand
- have very good computer skills, including the use of Word and Student Management Systems
- be eligible to work in New Zealand
- high level of English both spoken and written
- full NZ drivers license
Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish and high proficiency in other languages is very desirable.
You will have the following personal attributes:
- ability to solve problems
- attention to detail
- ability to work equally well in a team and autonomously
- well organized and quick to learn
- ability to work with various stakeholders in a multicultural environment
- empathetic and fair when dealing with various stakeholders
The schools in ICL Education Group have been operating in downtown Auckland and Napier since 1988 and provide courses for international and domestic students in English language, TESOL, business, computing, and early childhood education. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity with the prospect of growing your career, please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the outline criteria to the General Manager, email@example.com, by 6 January 2019.