Canterbury Region Adult Education Manager
Advertiser: Dan Mulvagh & Associates LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $80,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Management - Vocational
About the business and the role
Literacy Aotearoa was first established in 1982 to develop, promote and deliver accessible quality literacy services. Literacy Aotearoa honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi by operating in accordance with Tino Rangatiratanga and guided by Manaaki Tangata. Spread throughout New Zealand we deliver training to over 8,000 adult learners of all ethnicities and backgrounds annually.
Most recently the membership of Literacy Aotearoa have consolidated under Literacy Aotearoa Charitable Trust.
The role of Central South Island Cluster Manager leads and manages all components, activities and functions for Literacy Aotearoa Charitable Trust in this region. The role is one of ten Cluster Manager positions nationally and reports to the National Cluster Manager who is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Cluster Manager role is general management position that ensures the delivery of programmes that progress learners from enrolment to outcomes achievement and meets organisational commitment to quality teaching.
Core Duties include:
- quality programme delivery
- financial planning and budget control
- staff recruitment, leadership and management
- Cluster strategy
- workplace kaupapa and culture
- health and safety
- asset management
- community networking
- stakeholder engagement
Skills and experience
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- experience in the Adult Learning sector
- proven general management ability
- people and financial management competency
- excellent people and communication skills
- excellent rapport and relationship building ability
- experience in working with Iwi, Hapū and Māori, Pacific, Youth and wider communities
- ability to provide strategic leadership and management
• appropriate Tertiary qualification and/or experience.