Business Development Manager
Advertiser: Dan Mulvagh & Associates LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $90,000 - $109,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
About the business and the role
Literacy Aotearoa was first established in 1982 to develop, promote and deliver accessible quality literacy services. Literacy Aotearoa honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi by operating in accordance with Tino Rangatiratanga and guided by Manaaki Tangata. Spread throughout New Zealand we deliver training to over 8,000 adult learners of all ethnicities and backgrounds annually.
Most recently the membership Of Literacy Aotearoa have consolidated under Literacy Aotearoa Charitable Trust.
The role of Business Development Manager is central to our growth and success. The role is an integral part of our six member national Senior Leadership Team and reports to the CEO.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating the identification and delivery of business development programmes nationally, managing sales and marketing and building and maintaining key business relationships.
the Business Development Manager will also manage key customer and delivery projects and seek new funding avenues.
Core Duties include:
- community networking
- stakeholder engagement
- student recruitment initiatives
- promotion and marketing
the National Business Development Manager will;
- grow revenue
- lead major national sales opportunities
- manage the national BD budget
- plan and manage marketing strategy
- influence and lead national Business Development staff
Skills and experience
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- proven marketing and sales experience
- experience in a charitable trust environment
- excellent people and communication skills
- excellent rapport and relationship building ability
- exposure to the education sector
- experience in working with Iwi, Hapū and Māori, Pacific, Youth and wider communities.
- exposure to funding application processes
- ability to provide strategic leadership and management
• appropriate Tertiary qualification.