Advertiser: Gibbons Holdings LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Tasman, Nelson
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our busy finance team at Gibbons in the role of Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to the Accountant, this role will be responsible for providing a high level of financial and administrative support to the Accountant and the wider finance team for the Gibbons group of companies, as well as becoming an expert with our various cloud based financial systems.
This role will be responsible for:
· Overseeing the accounts payable process
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Completing of GST, FBT, RWT returns
· Financial Management and reporting
· Job costing
· Assisting the Accountant with month end & annual reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
· Accounting technician or similar qualification
· 3+ years experience in an accounting support role
· Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office 365 including Word, SharePoint and Outlook
· Experience using Xero, BuilderTrend & Re-leased financial systems or any similar cloud-based systems
· Problem solving skills and high level of numeracy - the ability to root out issues before they become problems
· Ability to work to deadlines and adapt to a dynamic work load
· Professional approach respecting confidentiality and maintaining high ethical standards
· Ability to behave in a co-operative and supportive manner within a team by actively contributing and remaining flexible to the needs of others
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Applicants must provide a copy of their CV and a cover letter telling us why they would be the best person suited for this role.
The successful candidate is required to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol and medical screening.