Advertiser: Knowhow LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Electronic Navigation Limited is New Zealand's premier marine electronic company based in Wairau Park, North Shore.
With a 73-year history of excelling in the marine electronics industry, ENL has built a global customer base and a reputation of exceptional service, leading edge innovation and supplying leading edge marine electronic for defence, commercial and leisure purposes.
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our busy Finance Team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and upkeep of ledgers and financial accounts
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and variance reports
- Management and coaching of the Accounts Receivable and Payable staff ( 3 direct reports)
- Monitor and manage stock suspense and job-in-progress accounts
- Financial reporting to Management and the Board
- Reconciliation of General ledger accounts and monthly account balances
- Analytics of actual-budget variances
- Preparation of annual accounts and meeting external audit requirements
- Ensure accounting controls are adhered to
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Accountancy
- A minimum of 3 years financial accounting and/or external auditing experience
- Competent with account reconciliation and book-keeping
- Experience in preparation of financial accounting statements
- Familiar with extracting data from information systems (experience with Abel an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in successfully motivating and coaching a small team
- Proficient with Excel and MS Word
- The ability to self-motivate and work as part of a team
- Experience or interest in the marine industry an advantage
This role has real opportunity for significant career growth and is an exceptional opportunity to work with an internationally acclaimed organisation that thrives on innovation and technology.
If you feel you have the skills and the drive to achieve great things in this role, please apply through Seek or send your covering letter and CV to Knowhow Limited (our HR Advisors) firstname.lastname@example.org.