Advertiser: Hikurangi Cannabis CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Hikurangi Cannabis is dedicated to bringing cannabis-based therapies for unmet medical needs to patients. Each position is directly or indirectly responsible for improving the lives of people with serious health conditions.
As the first company in New Zealand to hold a license to cultivate medicinal cannabis plants, Hikurangi is in the process of constructing a purpose-built pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility near Ruatoria.
Working with the CFO this role will assist in the coordination of a wide range of financial accounting & management accounting functions. This opportunity will suit someone who is has a high level of conceptual, analytical and interpretive skill and who can think on their feet.
Key to success will be working with the team to develop, implement and execute financial processes and reporting frameworks that will provide a high level of internal control and clear reporting to management.
Key responsibilities include
- Assisting in the ongoing development and implementation of internal financial controls
- Management of financial records including correct input into our financial system
- Reconciliation of accounts across the different business units
- Accounts payable & accounts receivable management
- Detailed project accounting & reporting
- Management of Payroll functions
- The coordination of information to support monthly management accounting, financial reporting & analysis.
- Assisting in the preparation of ongoing budgeting and forecasts
- Financial modelling of business opportunities
- Assisting with audit procedures
To be successful in this role you will ideally have
- Degree level qualification in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and forecasting principles
- Proven experience preparing financial statements and concise management reports
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- Experience in dealing with external audit
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Ability to think outside the box
This will be an exciting and challenging role in an industry which is only just being created in New Zealand. The scope for opportunity and growth within this role is significant.
Please include a cover letter and updated CV with your application.