Advertiser: Specialist CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Dec 2018
- Bay of Plenty, Rotorua
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
We are currently seeking someone who presents a warm and friendly demeanour, works calmly under pressure and most importantly can interact confidently and respectfully with the public, specifically being our Patients. Where no day is the same we need someone who demonstrates a strong work ethic and can manage their own time effectively, owning multiple tasks at once due to their efficient organisational abilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- General Practice Administration Support – acting as a primary point of contact for our Specialist Consultants
- Scheduling Appointments, Clinics and Theatre Lists – managing any changes that may occur in a timely and efficient manner
- Running of Clinics
- Capturing ACC & Private Referrals into the system, VIP
- Managing/Updating Patient Information and Details
- Liaising and establishing a rapport with outside Agencies – Hospital Staff, GP Rooms, ACC etc.
- Typing/Dictaphone Typing
- Mail Collection
- General Housekeeping Duties
Key Attributes Include:
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with patient details
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Accepts direction and instruction of Manager, but is able to work autonomously and self-manage their work load.
- Work confidently in an open and often busy office environment
- Efficiency and accuracy skills, paying exceptional attention to detail
- Being Pro-Active, prioritising workload and resources effectively
- Being flexible with hours
Having previous experience working in the Medical Industry will be greatly advantageous to ensure the role is learnt and understood in a timely manner, however it is not altogether essential as full training will be provided. You will be confident across Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Word. Also any understanding of our current booking system, VIP will be a great advantage.
Although skill set is key to the role, so is the temperament of our ideal candidate. Given the sector we work in, you will be a team player with a great initiative in order to proactively make things happen. You will have an excellent phone manner and be empathetic and understanding. You will be willing to learn new tasks across the board in order to support the entire Practice. Enjoying working within a fast paced, yet close-knit team will see you thrive in our office environment.
This a Full Time position offering 32 to 40 hours, looking to start in January 2019.
If you feel you have the experience and skills we require and would like to be part of a friendly team, we would love to hear from you.
Please send a Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 23 December 2018.
All applicants are required to be a NZ Resident/Citizen.