Catholic Youth Team - Formation Programme and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator
Advertiser: The Catholic Diocese of ChristchurchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Dec 2018
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Other
About the business and the role
Catholic Diocese of Christchurch
CYT is a ministry to the young people of the Diocese of Christchurch and serves on behalf of the Bishop of Christchurch. CYT assists in sharing the Gospel with Young People through their joyful and inspiring ministry, drawing them into the Church's Sacramental Life and preparing and empowering them for Mission as Disciples of Jesus Christ.
This is part-time position with the potential to add other available part time admin or supervisor roles to create a more fulltime ministry position. This key responsibilities of this role are:
- To organise and facilitate Youth Ministry Training and Formation programmes for Young People and Youth Leaders in the Diocese of Christchurch.
- Support local parishes with their Youth Ministry Leadership and Formation programmes
- To work with the CYT Parish Support Coordinator to provide and, where necessary, create appropriate resources for parish based youth ministry formation.
- Support and facilitate effective Young Adult Ministry events and programmes in the Diocese of Christchurch.
You can find out more about our Team and ministry on our website (www.cyt.org.nz ).
The applicant for this role may wish to apply for the other position currently vacant in our team to increase their total employment hours to full-time.
Place of Employment: Catholic Youth Team Office, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact Person: James Bryant, Diocesan Youth and Young Adult Ministry Manager
Contact Details: email@example.com
Salary: To be negotiated.
Applications: Applications due before Wed 9th January 2018
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description or to submit a cover letter CV's and Applications
Job tasks and responsibilities
Follow are some of the key tasks of the roles:
- To plan, promote and facilitate the annual Frontline Young Leader Formation camp and training programme with the assistance of the other CYT staff.
- In collaboration with the CYT Parish Support Person will be available to speak to Youth Coordinators / Priests and pastoral Leaders around the Diocese about their specific needs for training and formation of young leaders.
- To respond to specific requests from parishes/ pastoral areas and Catholic High schools for Youth Ministry training and formation support.
- Appropriate Resources identified, created and maintained to provide gathered and non-gathered opportunities for Youth Ministry / Leadership Formation.
- To seek opportunities for networking with communities, understand their needs and offer training and support.
- To provide parish youth groups with the best formation resources possible.
- To offer, in conjunction with Parish Support Coordinator leadership development programmes for parish youth leaders.
- To work with other team members to organise the Youth Team resources ie books, DVDs.
- To promote resources to parishes and groups, advertising their availability.
- To work with the Manager and other CYT staff, Tertiary Chaplaincy, parishes and other Catholic/Christian organisations to ensure that Young Adults (18-35) are provided opportunities in the Diocese of Christchurch to grow in their understanding and relationship with Jesus and the Church.
- To oversee the preparation and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of:Formation and Mentoring Programmes and other regular regional events for Young Adults
- An Annual Young Adults Camp
- To support grassroots Young Adult ministry in Parishes with Training and resource support.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Catholic Tertiary Chaplaincy including running combined events where possible.
- Networking and collaborate with a range of young adults and community leaders such as youth workers and parish staff.
- Promote and where possible support local, national and international Catholic Young Adult events.
Skills and experience
To be successful in applying for this role the applicant should demonstrate:
- Being a fun loving person with a passion for working with young people and their families/whanau
- Experience in facilitating Youth and Young Adult Programmes.
- Experience in Youth Ministry training / formation
- Experience in providing leadership, pastoral care and formation with young people.
- An ability to relate to and communicate effectively with people of all ages
- An understanding and commitment to the Roman Catholic Faith
- A current unrestricted driver's license.
- An ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Pastoral Care or Youth Ministry would be an advantage.