Intermediate/Senior C# Web Developer
Advertiser: StarNow.comMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
The tech team at StarNow is growing, and we’re looking for a great Web Developer (Intermediate or Senior) to work on our main site, www.starnow.com.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be awesome at the things in our tech stack - .Net (C#, MVC, Web Forms and WebAPI), NUnit, MS SQL Server, Entity Framework and Lucene.Net. There’s also a bit of Classic ASP. Our front end uses TypeScript, React, and Sass so any knowledge in these is a bonus.
We are also creating new APIs that leverage Microsoft Azure using Cloud Services, Blob Storage, Table Storage, and Azure Functions as well as using Redis and Service Bus. Any experience with Azure is a bonus.
We have some great features in the pipeline and need excellent people who know how to build modern web applications. You’ll contribute by -
- Working with the Product team and wider business to translate business requirements into excellent user experiences
- Writing tidy, well-formed code (HTML, CSS, C#, T-SQL) that you and our other developers can maintain
- Engaging in conversations about tools and processes that create a happy and productive dev team
Your skills and experience:
You’ll be an awesome fit for this role if you:
- Have at least 3 years of web development experience (preferably using C# with Microsoft ASP.Net MVC, Web Forms and WebAPI, but we’re happy to cross-train the right person).
- Are familiar with MS SQL Server and comfortable writing stored procedures, maintaining triggers, indexes, functions, understanding query execution plans, etc.
- Can talk about tools and techniques for writing robust software applications that run fast over the web
- Have broad experience with one or more of; unit testing, application architecture, performance, automated functional testing, deployment automation, etc.
- Are the sort of person that rolls up sleeves and gets stuck in – you’re motivated by the thought of shipping a great product
- You’re open and honest – quick to celebrate your wins, but quicker to admit and fix your mistakes
- You’re enthusiastic about working in an open, agile, cross-functional environment where everyone is accountable for their actions
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working as part of a team.
StarNow launched in 2004 and is a leading auditions and jobs website for actors, models, dancers, and musicians worldwide. We operate a global site with over 4 million members, and our HQ is on Allen St in Wellington’s Courtenay Quarter. We have the feel of a startup with the vision and drive of a company that is proving itself on the world stage. StarNow was a finalist in the EX18 Employee Experience Awards in 2018, and was a finalist for two years running in the IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces awards (2017 & 2016).
The Technology team encompasses Analytics, Product, Mobile & Web Development, Test, and Infrastructure. We take pride in offering an environment where smart people can have ideas and get stuck into new and interesting things without too much bureaucracy.
StarNow is Wellington’s best-kept secret global web company. If this role sounds like you, please send us a current resume along with a covering letter that helps us to get to know you a little bit, and address your covering letter to “Ashley”.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a web developer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?