Project Coordinator / Manager - Steel Detailing (Auckland based)
Advertiser: BDS VirconMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2018
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Management
BDS VirCon is a multinational Building Information Modelling and Detailing firm with a vast track record of iconic projects in Australia, USA and Europe. Its diversity, strong reputation and extensive track record offers a unique opportunity to work in a progressive, innovative firm - a global leader in its niche. BDS is headquartered in South Brisbane, Australia with ten offices across Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
The primary function of the role is to oversee, manage and drive assigned project work to the desired outcome. This includes managing all project documentation and standards, control expectations as well as taking responsibility for ensuring quality assurance and the commercial aspects on the assigned projects.
Your responsibilities will also include checking, coordinating and reviewing drawings and change orders; troubleshooting issues; occasionally preparing drawings and estimates; visiting customers and site offices; and liaising with customers regularly to meet project demands. This is a customer facing position and you will serve as a representative of the company in project related matters.
To be considered for this role, you must be suitably qualified with at least 10 years of steel detailing and fabrication experience. The ideal candidate will have/will be:
- Steel detailing experience as a must;
- Previous Project Coordination / Management experience;
- Sound working knowledge of Tekla Structures steel detailing software;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and manage well at all levels inside and outside of the organization;
- Proficient understanding of building constructability, industry detailing and fabrication practices;
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure;
- Good problem solving and creative skills and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Customer-oriented with ability to create lasting relationships by providing superior customer experience;
- Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent work habits and organizational skills;
- Eligibility to live and work in New Zealand.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek with the following reference:
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
BDS is an equal opportunity employer.