Event Development Manager
Advertiser: ChristchurchNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2018
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
ChristchurchNZ is the city’s economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Ōtautahi Christchurch. To fulfil the mission of igniting bold ambition in the city and region, ChristchurchNZ provides targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting the city nationally and internationally - aiming to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches and a place where people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.com
Reporting to the Acting Major Events Manager (then Major and Business Events Manager when appointed) your role will be to take a strategic approach to project managing events from ChristchurchNZ’s major events portfolio. You will be required to identify and execute short, medium and long-term opportunities to maximise the return on investment for the region in line with the Major Events Strategy.
You will be an excellent stakeholder and relationship manager in order to realise the tourism, brand and business sector outcomes through event leverage plans. In addition, your role will support the Major and Business Events team in maintaining an acquisition focus on driving new events to Christchurch and building capability within the Christchurch event economy.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the delivery of major event projects in order to deliver on ChristchurchNZ strategic priorities.
- Develop high quality professional publicity and excitement, in conjunction with the marketing team, to promote the major and business events you are managing.
- Ensure all Health & Safety permitting and compliance requirements are met for all events in your portfolio.
- Lead formal evaluation of Major Events including pre, during and post event activities via formal debrief process with key stakeholders and identify, document and communicate legacy learning’s to be applied to future events.
- Actively participate and contribute to the strategic direction of the Destination and Attraction team by providing support as required on projects and initiatives
- Be commercially savvy and able to effectively manage strategic relationships with event stakeholders
- Be a strong advocate for Christchurch and an influencer of others to do the same
- Have strong relationship management skills and capable of delivering outstanding event outcomes aligned to our strategic priorities
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role you will require;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high profile events or project management role;
- Exceptional time management, contract negotiation and relationship management experience;
- Demonstrate a strong ability to engage effectively with multiple stakeholders across diverse sectors;
- An ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Outstanding problem solving and sound judgement while working in high pressure environments;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- An ability and desire to work collaboratively across the ChristchurchNZ organization;
- A successful track record establishing strategies necessary to improve performance in identified events, tourism and business-to-business sectors;
- Relevant tertiary and, or events management qualifications.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button.
To view a position description, please find it attached to the job on our website https://www.christchurchnz.org.nz/careers
Applications will remain open until a placement is made.