Social workers, RNs, OTs, Psychotherapists, Health Professionals -TBI experience
Advertiser: tlc4u2 LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Health Professionals with TBI experience – OT's, Social Workers, RN's, Allied Health Professionals
Permanent and Casual Workers
We are looking for Health Professionals / Clinicians with knowledge and/or experience of traumatic brain injuries, or similar relevant work experience in the community. The higher than normal remuneration for this role reflects the complexities of the role and the clinical skills required to support the client to live a fun and meaningful life with her brain injury related challenges.
This is an interesting and varied role, supporting a female in her own home, who requires assistance with all her daily living tasks and activities, following a traumatic brain injury. Become part of the fantastic support team that helps her to live as meaningful a life as possible following her injury.
Understanding of TBI and how this can affect a person's ability to function is essential to be able to help the client to compensate for the challenges following her injury. You will assist the client with all her activities of daily living, including meal preparation, managing her medication regime, caring for her dog, medical appointments and her busy life schedule, as well as supporting her with the emotional demands of living with a disability.
The client is mobile and active in her community. She regularly participates in voluntary work and social activities.
The shifts are 12-hour shifts (9am-9pm, and 9pm to 9am with sleep-over) 7 days per week, with both weekend/weekday and day/night shifts available. Rates range from $25.50 - $35 for sleepover hours and $44 - $66 for wake over hours.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be willing to work on a fixed roster up to 3 shifts a week, and be flexible with additional shifts if required. The successful candidate must be willing to work weekends and public holidays. The roster is flexible as we try to meet candidate's personal commitments when possible.
Preferred qualities and skills are:
- Applicant must be a qualified Health Professional with current registration / eligibility for registration e.g. Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychotherapist, Nurse and associated allied health professionals.
- A friendly, professional manner with good written and oral communication skills, and a kind, caring and gentle approach is essential.
- Experience in working with traumatic brain injury, epilepsy and mental health, especially in the community, would be advantageous to the role.
- We require reliable people with excellent organisational skills who can manage time and routines well, who have excellent critical thinking and a common-sense approach to the role. You must be able to work as part of a dynamic team and independently.
- A current full driving licence and must be over 25 years of age for insurance purposes as you will be driving the client's own car.
- A moderate level of physical fitness is required.
Full training and a comprehensive induction and orientation package will be provided to the successful candidate.
If you wish to have an informal conversation regarding your suitability for this position, contact Nikki, Clinical Assessor, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 5184311 during office hours.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?