Security & Communications Officer
Advertiser: QJumpersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2018
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Rail & Maritime Transport
Port Taranaki has an opportunity for a customer focused Security and Communications Officer to join our committed Security & Communications team.
This role provides a 24 hour, 7 day Port customer and security service, with a particular focus on providing efficient communication services to customers, clients, staff and the general public.
Working in a combination of day and night shifts your role will include a variety of Roving Patrol, Communications and Gate House duties. You will act as the company’s first point of contact with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring compliance with the Port Taranaki Security Plan, Maritime Security Act, International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and Port Taranaki policies and procedures;
- Maintaining the Port’s Cardax system used for site access control;
- Providing 24 hour continuous monitoring of and response to the marine radio emergency channels and alarm systems within the port area;
- Assisting with emergency procedures in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan, performing duties of first responder when required.
A positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised are vital.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the above key selection criteria and you are motivated to contribute to the overall success of Port Taranaki then apply online now.
Applications must include a CV, Cover Letter and Application for Employment form.
Applications close Monday 19th November 2018 at 4pm.
Applications Close: 19-November-2018
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/46733/desc/