IT Support Technician
Advertiser: Euro CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2018
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Euro Corporation is a well-established and highly successful business spanning the manufacturing and construction sectors. Founded 20 years ago, and still a proudly NZ owned and operated company, the Euro Corporation group has around 400 employees throughout New Zealand. We are involved in a number of New Zealand's large commercial and infrastructure projects. We pride ourselves on offering clients a total solution tailored to their needs.
The quality of our expertise, service and reliability has resulted in us enjoying growth. This means that we are looking for an IT Support Technician to be part of our IT department who are extremely busy developing and implementing IT projects to support our growing business.
Reporting through to the General Manager, Technology and Innovation this role presents a great opportunity to join a market leading company.
This role will provide first tier technical and functional support by telephone, email, on site and remote computer and assisting the IT Support Administrator as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and analyse hardware, software and network-related problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems whenever possible.
- Install and coordinate repair of a wide variety of computing devices and peripherals on the desktop and attached to network.
- Provide Tier I and Tier II support for applications including web browsers, email, third party client applications, client/server and web applications.
- Android / Apple mobile device support
- Work with other IT vendor technical support organisations to perform root cause analysis and help develop permanent solutions to prevent recurring issues.
- Develop and document technical procedures including testing of hardware and software products.
- Experience in desktop and/or network troubleshooting and support
- Experience using Microsoft Exchange and Active directory (O365 experience advantageous).
- Servers/laptops/desktops: user setups and migrations to new equipment/troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows 10
- Understand Networking Principles (e.g. DNS, DHCP)
- Understand switches, VPNs & remote access technologies
- Proven experience in the development of procedural documentation.
- Must be able to undergo and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Be on site from 7:30am Monday to Friday and any others hours as required from time to time.
- Be willing to work as part of an on-call rotation
You will need to have the legal right to work, and be living, in New Zealand.
This is a great opportunity to work within a supportive team in an exciting industry sector.
No agency enquiries