Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Nov 2018
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Estimating
We’re gutsy and ambitious. We’re down to earth. We’re smart and curious. We are people obsessed. We understand.
Classic is a success story that so far spans 20+ years. A couple of guys with different skills had a shared vision to build homes for Kiwis. They wanted to build better homes with quality and affordability taking centre stage.
Now the third largest residential builder in New Zealand, Classic Builders has built over 5,000 homes – bringing so many home dreams to life.
But we can’t do this alone – we rely on the tenacity of our people, the heart of our business.
Our Quantity Surveying team at our national office in Tauranga are on the hunt for a Quantity Surveyor who has experience working with CostX. You will be our “go-to” person for queries regarding the software, in conjunction with managing the workload and measuring projects.
Be the subject matter expert on all things CostX for Classic Builders New Zealand;
- Develop and maintain all CostX templates, manuals, rate libraries and formulas
- Work with the IT department to integrate CostX with our Project Management system
- Provide training and support regarding CostX to the wider Quantity Surveying team and work alongside the Procurement department to implement changes and feedback to the system
- Strive to improve CostX and facilitate improvements where new software release are concerned
- To accurately price and manage sales enquires logged in the job queue and respond with pricing, relating to supplied specification/schedule
- To accurately carry out initial material takeoff from client signed working drawings
- To accurately carry out final takeoff checks from consented drawings and manage VO’s throughout the build process
What we are looking for:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of the NZ Building Code.
- Great communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- National Diploma in Quantity Surveying and 2 or more years relevant experience.
Core to what we do at Classics is our values, so if these resonate with you and the way you work, then you'll fit in fine:
- We care
- We work as one team
- We are daring
- We deliver excellence
If this sounds like a bit of you, then let us bring your dreams to life as well and apply by clicking the link!