Visionary leader – Dean to lead the Taranaki Cathedral
Advertiser: Diocese of Waikato & TaranakiMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Oct 2018
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
Are you called to be the next Dean of the Taranaki Cathedral Church of St Mary?
The Taranaki Cathedral Church of St Mary is looking for an innovative and visionary leader to be the next Dean, leading the Cathedral in a period of unprecedented development.
St Mary’s is the oldest stone church in the country and has significant historical and cultural value for the region of Taranaki. The Cathedral is currently closed due to earthquake strengthening but the parish continues to worship and exercise ministry across the city of New Plymouth. Sunday services are offered from the Interim Cathedral in the parish hall.
Comprehensive plans for the building remediation and strengthening are completed and fund raising is well underway. These plans include a major redevelopment of the site which has attracted a $5 million contribution from the Government’s Provincial Growth Fund. It is seen by the Government as being a major contributor to the wellbeing of the region and to its tourism and economic growth potential.
The next Dean of Taranaki will have the opportunity and responsibility to lead developments alongside a dedicated and motivated team of parish and community leaders. The Dean will be the public face for the Cathedral across Taranaki.
The next dean will be
- A visionary and strategic leader
- An experienced Priest – to preach the Gospel and celebrate the Sacraments
- Committed to, and comfortable in, the three Tikanga realities of this Church and the bi-cultural foundations of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Able to build the vision of the Cathedral as a place for all – for church, iwi, Amorangi and community
- The face and leader of the Remediation and Development Project
- Responsible within the Bishop’s senior leadership team for education and ministry formation Taranaki -wide
- A skilled executive manager
- Able to form, lead and inspire a talented team
- Able to delegate
For an application and information pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 15th November 2018