Senior Construction Manager
Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2018
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
We’re gutsy and ambitious. We’re down to earth. We’re smart and curious. We are people obsessed. We understand.
Classic Builders is a success story that so far spans 20+ years. A couple of guys with different skills had a shared vision to build homes for Kiwis. They wanted to build better homes with quality and affordability taking centre stage.
Now the third largest residential builder in New Zealand, Classic Builders has built over 5,000 homes – building dreams and creating futures.
But we can’t do this alone – we rely on the tenacity of our people, the heart of our business.
Classic Builders Auckland are looking for a Senior Construction Manager with extensive experience with multi-level apartment blocks & town house project management: managing contracts, schedules and progress of builds ensuring a high level of quality in all areas and resolving issues in a timely manner. Pivotal to your success in this role is your ability to lead and support our Construction Managers within the region from pre-consent to settlement of each home.
- Using your knowledge of NZ3604 (NZ Building Code), be able to offer advice and problem solve for/with Construction Managers and sub-contractors
- Address and sort all client issues (contractual or otherwise) that may arise in a professional and timely manner.
- Be responsible for development and construction timeframes ensuring that programmes are set with no compromise to the standard of workmanship.
- Ensure programmes are kept up to date, timeframe deadlines are met and any delays are managed well so not repeated.
- Solid and proactive approach to team leadership
- Managing all administration and correspondence relating to contract builds for Classic Builders Auckland
What we need:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a commercial project management role, including contract management
- Experience with multi-level apartment blocks & town house project management
- Successful track record of setting and managing programs, then delivering those programs on time and within budget
- Successful track record in leadership/ management positions
- Trade qualified and experienced Builder
- Have a sound knowledge of NZ3604, 3910, 3915, 3916 contracts
- Further studies/qualifications in Construction Management or similar would be an advantage
- Experience in negotiations with various QS within contractual environments
Core to what we do at Classics is our values, so if these resonate with you and the way you work, then you'll fit in fine:
- We care
- We work as one team
- We are daring
- We deliver excellence
If this sounds like a bit of you, then let us bring your dreams to life as well and apply by clicking the link!