Design Manager - Electricity Supply Industry
Advertiser: One21 - Recruitment OutsourcerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Sep 2018
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Management
Electricity Supply Industry
Edison Consulting Group
Permanent, Full Time
Auckland (Tauranga considered)
Due to internal movement within Edison we now have a fantastic senior position available for a dynamic Design Manager to manage and grow Edison’s specialised design team.
You will be responsible for developing and growing the Edison design team. The role will include a managing a team of multi-disciplined design engineers and developing the design business unit. You will be responsible for work allocation and resource utilisation, supporting the design engineers and technical staff in the successful delivery of design projects. The role will involve supporting business development opportunities with clients and ensuring compliance with company HSE and Quality Systems.
Edison is an engineering consultancy business focused on delivering specialist project management, engineering design and consulting services to the New Zealand utility sector. As a trusted provider of professional services in New Zealand with an enviable reputation for delivering results they are increasing their capability to deliver in excess of customers’ expectations.
The key role and responsibilities of the Design Manager are:
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the design services team
- Effective delivery of design services for electricity projects
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, safely and to the quality required
- Coach and mentor design engineers in effective design management practices
- Establish collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues
- Conduct peer reviews of significant design documentation
- Provide effective allocation of resources based on availability and skill
We are seeking the following attributes:
- Genuine balance of commercial and leadership skill
- Ten years engineering experience within the New Zealand Electricity Supply Industry
- Relevant Degree Level Tertiary Qualification: BE or similar
- Professional Engineering Membership: CPEng (IPENZ)
If this role sounds like you, Edison can offer an interesting and varied career, an excellent remuneration package and benefits. So if you are keen to make this role your own then please APPLY ONLINE today! You are welcome to look up the website to find out more about the company and the many benefits of working for Edison Consulting Group www.edison.co.nz however all applications must be made through One21 Recruitment to be considered.
One21 - The Recruitment Outsourcer for Edison Consulting Group
Ph: 021 355 179
All Jobs: www.the recruitmentoutsourcer.com