Information Centre / Discovery Hub team member (part time or full time)
Advertiser: Cornwall Park Trust BoardMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2018
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $18 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Other
We're seeking a superstar for a community engagement, education and customer service role at the nature-rich Cornwall Park in Auckland. The role will be based in the Information Centre, and will be key to shaping the public's experience of the place - from welcoming people, guiding their activities, teaching them about something, selling merchandise, to running workshops and behind the scenes administration. We want you to bring your natural people skills, enthusiasm, love of learning, and creativity to the role to ensure an excellent experience for the public. There is room to help out with events, graphic design, education and development of onsite experiences too.
This role will suit someone with previous customer service experience but also experience in:
- Parks, Ecology, Science or Agriculture (or similar)
- Graphic design
- Education and learning
The role is best suited to those with an understanding, interest, and passion for nature, the living environment and people's experience within it.
The role will involve weekend work and exact days will be determined on a roster system. There is possibility for both part time or full time work and this can be discussed.
A few key things we're looking for:
- Experience in customer service
- Personable, enthusiastic and proactive personality, with a sense of humour and a great attitude
- Reliable and able to commit to regular hours
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to teach people new concepts and ideas
- Problem-solving ability and negotiating skills to successfully run the center
- The ability to self-manage and work under pressure at busy times
- Experience and knowledge in parks and nature is preferred but not essential
- Experience in teaching, creating or developing learning materials
- Experience in graphic design – this is not essential
If you're interested in this dynamic role, please apply now or contact us for more details.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter that includes information about you and answers to the following questions:
1. Which role have you completed that had a major customer focus and gave you experience and skills in this area?
2. What achievements in that role are you most proud of?
3. Can you please tell us if you are looking for full time or part time work and why?
4. What do you enjoy most about parks and why?
*Interviews for this role will commence late September.