Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Aug 2018
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Estimating
We’re gutsy and ambitious. We’re down to earth. We’re smart and curious. We are people obsessed. We understand.
Classic is a success story that so far spans 20+ years. A couple of guys with different skills had a shared vision to build homes for Kiwis. They wanted to build better homes with quality and affordability taking centre stage.
Now the third largest residential builder in New Zealand, Classic Builders has built over 5,000 homes – bringing so many home dreams to life.
But we can’t do this alone – we rely on the tenacity of our people, the heart of our business.
Our Quantity Surveying team at our national office in Tauranga are on the hunt for a next-level Quantity Surveyor, who has passion and drive, and experience in the CostX space. You will be our “go-to” person for queries regarding the software in conjunction with helping bring our clients dreams to life by measuring our projects.
- Be the subject matter expert on all things CostX for Classic Builders New Zealand;
- Develop and maintain all CostX templates, manuals, rate libraries and formulas
- Work with the IT department to integrate CostX with our Project Management system
- Provide training and support regarding CostX to the wider Quantity Surveying team and work alongside the Procurement department to implement changes and feedback to the system
- Strive to improve CostX and facilitate improvements where new software release are concerned
- To accurately price and manage sales enquires logged in the job queue and respond with pricing relating to supplied specification/schedule
- To accurately carry out initial material takeoff from client signed working drawings
- To accurately carry out final takeoff checks from consented drawings and manage VO’s throughout the build process
What we are looking for:
We would prefer someone with a National Diploma in Quantity Surveying and 2 or more years relevant experience.
To be successful in this role, you will be someone who has a passion for the building industry, and who wants to further their career in the construction field.
You will enjoy working with numbers and display advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, it would be advantageous to have a reasonable understanding of the NZ Building Code. You will have great communication skills, get on with your colleagues easily and have the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
Core to what we do at Classics is our values, so if these resonate with you and the way you work, then you'll fit in fine:
- We care
- We work as one team
- We are daring
- We deliver excellence
If this sounds like a bit of you, then let us bring your dreams to life as well and apply by clicking the link!