Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Aug 2018
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Classic Builders Wellington
We’re gutsy and ambitious. We’re down to earth. We’re smart and curious. We are people obsessed. We understand.
Classic Builders is a success story that so far spans 20+ years. A couple of guys with different skills had a shared vision to build homes for Kiwis. They wanted to build better homes with quality and affordability taking centre stage.
Now the third largest residential builder in New Zealand, Classic Builders has built over 5,000 homes – bringing so many home dreams to life.
But we can’t do this alone – we rely on the tenacity of our people, the heart of our business.
Having recently established a branch in Wellington, we are looking for a Lead Landscaper to create and maintain a landscape and garden environment that enhances the experience of the both residents and visitors to the subdivision.
The Lead Landscaper is responsible for maintaining the grounds and equipment to an exceptional standard, coordinating sub trades, procurement of supplies and managing labour.
- Gardening/landscaping duties including but not limited to; maintaining plants by pruning, fertilising and other gardening techniques, laying turf and turf maintenance, mowing lawns, trimming edges and clearing weeds, operating and maintaining irrigation and construction of fences, small retaining walls, garden borders and features.
- Maintenance duties including; repairs and maintenance of grounds, buildings and system, painting, minor path repairs and overall cleaning of the grounds
- Supervision of one direct report; Landscaper
- Obtaining quotations from contractors and supervising their work on the premises and grounds.
- Liaising with residents and offering advice regarding planting and landscaping
What we need:
- A go getter with suitable horticultural/landscaping qualifications and/or experience
- Previous experience in a supervisory role would be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in operating and maintaining small mobile equipment
- General “handyman” skills and knowledge
- Great communication skills and a focus on delivering great customer service
- Have a reasonable standard of fitness to enable you to carry out all the duties above, including lifting heavy items
- People who are customer focused, hardworking, work safely and truly love what they do
Core to what we do at Classics is our values, so if these resonate with you and the way you work then you'll fit in fine:
- We care
- We work as one team
- We are daring
- We deliver excellence
If this sounds like a bit of you, then let us bring your dreams to life as well and apply by clicking the link!