Senior DeveloperPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Aug 2018
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Please note, this role can be filled by a remote employee (working from a home-based office within New Zealand) or working from our Hamilton Head Office.
Lightwire is building a high-performance team made up of highly motivated and extremely talented people to enable us to support our rapid rate of expansion and continuously improvement products and services.
As a Lightwire Developer you will be working in two week sprints, designing, building and supporting PHP (and other languages) based applications end-to-end on our container platform. You will be looking for areas within our ecosystem that can be optimised to provide a better customer experience or better operational efficiencies for our team.
What you'll be doing
- Writing efficient, testable and reusable software in multiple languages.
- Solving complex scaling and integration challenges with existing and new solutions.
- Sharing knowledge, cross training and upskilling other team members.
- Working with teams scoping and building requirements documentation for solutions.
- Maintain and extend documentation.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- An exceptional understanding of PHP and design practices (SOLID etc).
- Experience building applications with the Laravel framework.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, containers and relational databases.
- Previous experience building and scaling RESTful API’s.
- Linux systems administration experience.
- Strong focus on automated testing.
- Can demonstrate a solid understanding of version control systems (preferably Git).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A self-starter able to manage their own workload and work unsupervised.
Preferred Qualifications or Experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Have lead/coached a team of developers
- Contributed to open source or communities projects
- Full-stack development (using Vue.js)
- Experience with test/behaviour driven development
- Previous experience in a DevOps role/environment
- Worked in or with a remote-team.
- Actively endorse the company values:
- Local – customer focused friendly people
- Can-do – trustworthy resourceful problem solvers who get the job done
- Growth – fostering and challenging a highly capable and motivated team
- Expertise – turning research and development into smart solutions
- Ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of people.
- A need for flexibility, both in relation to working outside of normal office hours and in meeting the requirements of the position.
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain a high standard of workmanship and pride in all tasks carried out.
- Active participation in the company’s health and safety programs.
- Positive, proactive approach to work, using initiative and organisational skills.
- Mentality of constant improvement – of your own skills as well as an open-minded view to processes in place and how they could be improved.
- Drive process implementation and improvement.
- Handles all communications in a timely and professional fashion.
- A team player who is considerate of colleague’s own workloads and shows respect for various work methodologies and practices.
- Shows a good understanding of all our core products and services.
- A willingness to embrace new ways of thinking and working.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, then please apply online today. We start considering applications as soon as they arrive so encourage you to apply early.
Please note that on this occasion we are only accepting applications from New Zealand Residents, or those with a Residents Visa.