Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Aug 2018
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We’re gutsy and ambitious. We’re down to earth. We’re smart and curious. We are people obsessed. We understand.
Classic is a success story that so far spans 20+ years. A couple of guys with different skills had a shared vision to build homes for Kiwis. They wanted to build better homes with quality and affordability taking centre stage.
Now the third largest residential builder in New Zealand, Classic Builders has built over 5,000 homes – bringing so many home dreams to life.
But we can’t do this alone – we rely on the tenacity of our people, the heart of our business.
Due to recent growth, we have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant, based at our national offices, 17th Avenue, Tauranga. You will be part of our Finance team, and provide our CFO, Group Accountant and Company Accountants with support and assistance in the Finance space.
As an Approved Training Employer, we can mentor you and provide relevant, practical experience for those looking to develop through the Chartered Accountants Professional Program.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic financial reports including reconciliation of balance sheet items and profit and loss analysis
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and transaction reviews
- Monitoring and calculating charges between Classic Group entities
- Ensuring that all purchase and sales ledgers reconcile and investigating any discrepancies
- Assistance with preparing information for IRD returns and other statutory reporting requirements.
Your skills and experience for this role will include:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary education in business or finance
- We are keen to hear from Graduates with relevant degrees in New Zealand, who have recently graduated or are about to finish their studies in 2018.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes
- The ability to plan and prioritise your day, and meet various deadlines
- A high level of communication skills, both internally with your colleagues and with external stakeholders
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and the initiative to continue to work productively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Core to what we do at Classics is our values, so if these resonate with you and the way you work then you'll fit in fine:
- We care
- We work as one team
- We are daring
- We deliver excellence
If this sounds like a bit of you, then let us bring your dreams to life as well and apply by clicking the link!