Manukau Topedo7 Assistant Store Manager - NEW STORE
Advertiser: Torpedo7More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Aug 2018
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Management - Department/Assistant
Torpedo7 is New Zealand's largest multi-channel outdoor adventure retailer, with 13 stores nationwide and a dedicated webstore. We are unique in NZ in that our stores have all sorts of toys and experts under one roof - bike, camp, tramp, water, snow and moto. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
At Torpedo7 the work comes easy when you love what you do. We are so passionate about the gear we sell that you will see us out there on the track, trails and anywhere an outdoor adventure is to be had.
What is the role?
Our tag line "See You Out There" means our customers can expect to see us alongside them wherever their adventures take them, be it the slopes of the ski field, riding the local bike trails or surfing where the swell is. As a leader in our business, the reinforcement of this culture within our store team and our customer base is a critical part of the role.
Able to walk the talk you will be equally at home on the floor with our customers as you will be behind the desk at times supporting your store manager with operational tasks. You will understand the role a leader plays in store and have the capability to coach, inspire your team, building a culture of exceptional customer service.
The role will involve (but not limited to) the following:
· Work with your Store Manager to maximise each team members' sales potential
· Driving store profitability
· Maintaining a highly-engaged team
· Ensuring outstanding customer service
· Keeping People Safe
· Maintaining visual merchandising standards
· Assisting the store manager with administration and reporting
Who are we looking for?
This is an amazing opportunity to put your retail management skills to work in a unique environment where our ‘See You Out There’ culture lives and breathes and differentiates us from other businesses.
The successful applicant will have:
· You will have extensive retail experience and a proven track record of driving sales and profitability, minimising loss and maintaining exceptional store standards
· You will have people leadership experience and be a sales expert
· You understand See You Out There, what it means for the business and how to continue to reinforce this within the store
· You possess strong communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
If this sounds like you, please follow the link below https://www.thewarehousegroup.co.nz/careers
We’ll See You Out There!
**Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.