Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jul 2018
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Are you qualified in business or finance and want to develop your skills and experience?
Do you enjoy a sociable workplace, where you are well looked after?
Do you want to be part of a team that has years of Finance experience and knowledge that can be passed onto you?
Then, you need to join Team Classic’s Finance department in Tauranga!
Classic Group made up of our land development division Classic Developments, our residential division Classic Builders and commercial division CBC Construction, are well respected land developers and construction specialists in New Zealand.
We currently employ over 200 staff around New Zealand and have been in business for 22 years this year.
Due to recent growth, we have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant, based at our national offices, 17th Avenue, Tauranga. You will be part of our Finance team, and provide our CFO, Group Accountant and Company Accountants with support and assistance in the Finance space.
As an Approved Training Employer, we can mentor you and provide relevant, practical experience for those looking to develop through the Chartered Accountants Professional Program.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic financial reports including reconciliation of balance sheet items and profit and loss analysis
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and transaction reviews
- Monitoring and calculating charges between Classic Group entities
- Ensuring that all purchase and sales ledgers reconcile and investigating any discrepancies
- Assistance with preparing information for IRD returns and other statutory reporting requirements.
Your skills and experience for this role will include:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary education in business or finance
- Strong understanding of accounting processes
- The ability to plan and prioritise your day, and meet various deadlines
- A high level of communication skills, both internally with your colleagues and with external stakeholders
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and the initiative to continue to work productively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of Team Classic, a well-established and respected group of people and a business that has been recognised for excellence in customer service.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria we are looking for.