Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Mint Innovation has been developing innovative cleantech since 2016. Our mission is to become the world’s leading provider of circular green metals. We’ve just raised $60m to fund our global ambition and as a rapidly growing deep tech start-up, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join our team.
This is a key senior position which will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to lead the development, engineering and design of the control & Instrumentation system for Mint’s e-waste processing plants and supporting plant infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the control and instrumentation engineering and designs for e-waste processing plants and supporting plant infrastructure
- Fulfil the engineering checking function for control and instrumentation engineering documentation.
- Leading and / or providing expert level technical knowledge and guidance within the discipline.
- Assigning and reviewing the work of other control and instrumentation engineers in the group, or external consultants
- Responsible for the development of key control and instrumentation engineering and design documents and drawings EG control system architecture, instrumentation and PLC / SCADA specifications and scopes of work for the control system integrator etc.
- Be the point of contact for the coordination and control of all electrical design and engineering for future e-waste plants.
- Overseas travel to site as required to oversee and assist with plant installation and commissioning.
We’ve built our first commercial recycling facility in Western Sydney, which showcases the innovative tech we’ve developed for recovering base and precious metals (e.g. copper & gold) from old scrap electronics. Following in its footsteps will be a roll-out of plants in major cities globally, as well as the deployment of further product lines.
The position is full-time and will be located at our HQ in East Tamaki, Auckland. We offer a competitive salary and access to our employee share option programme.
Skills and Experience
As a company that was born in a dingy basement, everyone at Mint has a “can do, no fuss” attitude and our Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer will be no different.
You’ll need to have a Bachelor’s in Electronic or Electrical Engineering, 8+ years’ experience in Instrumentation & Control and be able to demonstrate your proven skills in project delivery and team leadership. A background or strong understanding of electrical design would be an advantage.
Our ideal candidate will have as many of the following qualities as possible:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with engineering software applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities for self and others.
- The ability to prepare, present and/or supervise the development of complex program proposals and reports to senior level management.
- Efficient management of workload and resources to meet deadlines.
- A practical “can-do” attitude
If the above sounds like you, apply with your CV via Seek.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Mint. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
For more background on Mint see our website - https://www.mint.bio/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself